Website best viewed at 1024 X 768 screen resolution
Passenger Service Operators - Appendix D
Application for Services
Criteria Listed In Section 6 Of The Transport Act (NI) 1967
- The suitability of the routes on which the service may be provided under the licence.
- The extent, if any to which the needs of persons likely to use the service to be provided
are already adequately and economically served.
- Any previous conduct of the applicant as a person providing facilities for the carriage
of passengers for reward.
- The revocation or suspension of any Road Service Licence held at any time by the applicant
or where the applicant has had a controlling interest in a body corporate to any refusal to grant
a Road Service Licence to, or revocation or suspension of a Road Service Licence held by, that body
- Where the applicant is an agent or nominee of any other person, any previous conduct of that
person as a person providing facilities for the carriage of passengers for reward.
- Where the applicant is an agent or nominee or any other person, the revocation or suspension
of any Road Service Licence held at any time by that other person.
- Where the applicant is a body corporate, the refusal to grant a Road Service Licence to, or
the revocation or suspension or any Road Service Licence, held at any time by:
- any other body corporate having at the time of the application any controlling interest
in the body corporate applying for the licence or in which the body corporate applying for
the licence has any controlling interest
- any director of, or any shareholder having a controlling interest in, the body corporate
which is applying for the licence or in such other body corporate as is mentioned in (i).
- The general effect which the grant of the licence would be expected to have on the
holders of other Road Service Licences and on the facilities being provided under such licences
for the carriage of passengers by road.
- The need for ensuring fair competition among persons providing facilities in Northern Ireland
for the carriage for reward of passengers by road.