Skip the Northern Ireland Government Bar|
DVA Title Image

NI Direct, Government Services

Cherished Registrations -
On-Line, Anytime


Website best viewed at 1024 X 768 screen resolution

Do I Need A Licence To Carry People For Reward?

You need a Road Service Licence to carry passengers if you use a vehicle for reward.

If the vehicle is constructed and equipped for carrying up to eight persons apart from the driver a Taxi Driver's Licence will be required.

There are some exemptions and these are listed at Appendix A.
Charter Mark

Page Last Updated - 17/08/2004